Jun 1, 2010

Let the Summer Games BEGIN!

Summer time is upon us, kids are out of school, and vacation plans are in the works! Our family takes mini vacations throughout the summer, so if I'm not careful this can be dangerous! The first of our mini vacations begins this weekend and not a moment too soon! We are leaving Thursday and taking the kids camping at the lake! If I stick to plan this can be a great success! I have made 565431651 lists to prepare myself. I've made a camp site list, a packing list, a grocery list, an activity list, and it should be no surprise.. a menu for the weekend. Since we're going to be one with nature an' stuff, this is the perfect time to be active. There is a 'hiking' trial (and I use that term loosely), swimming, and a road that circles through the park! I see some REAL opportunities to keep active! YAY! I am working on coming up with a few morning time activities that will help me burn some fat! Someone told me, "just remember you're on vacation, so just relax!". Well, to be totally honest, I find it very relaxing! A good early morning workout right on the lake sounds so refreshing to me, and I'll be back at the camp in time for breakfast and coffee, rip roaring ready to ROLL! We'll see how fabulous that sounds in 80 degree East Texas heat and humidity.. BUT I have to at least TRY, right?! LOL! If you don't hear from me by Wednesday of next week... SEND HALP!

I Scream, You Scream, We all scream for.. CHOCOLAAAAAATE!!!!!!
Okay.. so it doesn't rhyme.. in the gruffy words of my late Paw-paw LeBlanc.. "Big deal". If there's ever a time to splurge, it's on vacation. RIGHT?!?!? WRONG!!! I cannot take a 4 or 5 day vacation from eating right. REALITY CHECK.. I will not be putting tofu on the grill or putting bean sprouts on spinach leaves. I'm CAMPING for Christ's sake! LOL! I will tell you how excited I am about putting squash, asparagus and chicken on the grill; making cold avocado sandwiches; and eating fresh fruit right out of an ice cold cooler! What could sound more refreshing on a hot summer day? Besides, if I want to get in some morning exercises, Star Crunch and Dorito's just won't do. I am arming myself for battle! This is one of the toughest challenges faced when trying to change your lifestyle. There will be situations throughout my entire life where it is going to be a struggle with my will power. I've got to stay focused. I'm taking a vacation from work, stress, and chauffeuring children to dance recitals and baseball games.. NOT from my health! Fat does not take days off or cut you ANY slack. SWEET BABY JEEBUS JUST KEEP ME AWAY FROM THE SMORES!!! Lawd halp us all..

Confessions of a Recovering Overweight Drama Queen
This past weekend I celebrated my (8th Annual) 24th Birthday. :) My husband took me out for dinner and drinks. We split an order of some oh so delicious lamb chops and I had a side of grilled asparagus. It's a shame that the healthy food didn't cancel out the glass (or four) of wine that I had. :-/ BUT...... I DID make the waiter take back the chocolate cheesecake after I had two small bites! DID YOU HEAR THAT?????? Did you just HEAR what I SAID!? I GAVE BACK CHOCOLATE!! That's gotta count for SOMETHING, right?! :D /sigh.. Alas, sweets are still my down fall. This junk food junkie still exists somewhere inside of me. All I can do is smack her around every now and then and show her who's boss. Sometime that betch wins the battle, but I will win the WAR!


I am VERY EXCITED to report a 2 pound loss last week, bringing me to a total of 91 pounds gone! It is a struggle.. but I have to keep my mind right. Wish me luck on my vacation.. I will update you all next week on how well I stayed on target.. PRAY FOR ME!!! :D PLLLLEEEEEEEEZE! ..and good luck to you all in your weight loss journey this week.

2 comments:

  1. You left out the possibility of water aerobics in the lake for a morning exercise. If you need some tips just ask me. I also think you have another friend that does currently teach water aerobics (I don't teach anymore).

    HAVE FUN!!!

    Dawn H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. clap clap clap -- have a great time.

    WW IF

    ReplyDelete